Discover the Alcatraz Island tour and visit the best sites in San Francisco at a discounted rate! Save up to $14 on tickets.
The date chosen upon booking will be the date of your Alcatraz Island tour; the Hop-On Hop-Off pass is flexible and you can start the bus tour at any time.
**PLEASE NOTE: Alcatraz Ferry departure times are automatically allocated and cannot be changed. We suggest keeping your day flexible until you receive the confirmed departure time for your Alcatraz Island Tour after checking in online. No refunds will be given for no-shows or missed ferry departures.
The buses for the Hop-On Hop-Off Tour run frequently throughout the day and you can start your tour at any time.
|Hop-On Hop-Off Tour||San Francisco Night Tour||Alcatraz Island Tour Package|
|Operating Hours||10:00 AM to 5:00 PM, buses run every 30-60 minutes||6:30 PM (further departures are added in the summer months)||Exact departure time will be provided upon reconfirming your tour with the operator|
|Departure Location||Stop # 1 at 99 Jefferson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133||Stop # 1 at 99 Jefferson Street, San Francisco, CA 94133||Exact instructions will be provided upon reconfirming your tour with the operator|
|Duration||Approx. 2 hours (if staying on the bus for an entire loop)||Approx. 60-90 minutes||It varies and it depends on how much time is spent on the island; an average visit takes about 3-4 hours (including ferry rides and check-in process)|
|Ticket Validity||2 days||One time use||One time use|
Visit the Most Popular Prison: Alcatraz Island Tour
Tour starts at Pier 33 (at Fisherman’s Wharf).
The most well-known landmark in San Francisco is Alcatraz. Take the ferry from Fisherman's Wharf to "the Rock," the famous prison island of San Francisco, to begin your tour. Enjoy the breathtaking views of San Francisco's skyline once you get on the island, and then explore Alcatraz at your own pace using an acclaimed self-guided audio tour (available in various languages) within the prison cell block.
Take the ferry back to San Francisco after learning about Alcatraz's past and taking a trip around the island.
Note: The specific departure time for your ferry ride to Alcatraz Island will be provided upon redeeming your voucher. Please keep your day flexible until your specific departure time has been confirmed.
- Alcatraz Island Tour (ferry to/from the island) from Pier 33.
- Award-winning self-guided audio tour – 45 minutes: "Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour" featuring prisoners and correctional officers who used to live and work in Alcatraz.
- Stay as long as you like - ferries return every 30 minutes. The average length of stay is 2 -3 hours.
Tour slots are limited, so be sure to book yours in advance!
Visit Other Great Sites!
2-Day Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour
Tour starts at 99 Jefferson Street (at the corner of Mason Street). Daily tour, every 20-30 minutes, between 9 AM and 5 PM.
The greatest views San Francisco has to offer may be seen on this 2-hour tour. Bring your camera; there will be many chances to capture beautiful memories! Highlights consist of:
- Fisherman's Wharf is well known for Pier 39 (retail, dining, sea lions, and more), the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, the Cannery Shopping Center, Alcatraz Landing, and numerous attractions. It is situated on the northern waterfront.
- Union Square - One of San Francisco's best shopping areas and a hub for the city's nightlife
- The Palace of Fine Arts, which was constructed for the World Fair, is a popular wedding venue for couples in the San Francisco Bay area. Additionally, it hosts various orchestras, events, and festival celebrations.
- Golden Gate Bridge is a wonderful location to cross the bridge or see the Presidio and its historic military installations
- Golden Gate Park is a fascinating place to explore a variety of museums and attractions, including The California Academy of Sciences, The Young Museum, and The Conservatory of Flowers.
- Haight/Ashbury - Also referred to as the "Hippie District," Haight/Ashbury still exudes the Summer of Love vibe thanks to its countless stores and murals honoring the era.+78
- City Hall: The San Francisco City Hall buildings, which are close to the Opera House, Symphony Hall, and Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, make for excellent photo options.
- The largest Chinatown outside of Asia is a wonderful place to wander around for a while.
- North Beach - Numerous genuine Italian restaurants and cafes can be found in this predominantly Italian district.
San Francisco Night Tour – Double Decker Bus
Tour starts at 99 Jefferson Street (at the corner of Mason Street). Daily, at 6:30 PM. Approximately 60-90 minutes.
The finest views of San Francisco can be found at night. The Night Loop is a safe and entertaining way to explore San Francisco's most dazzling districts. To enjoy the San Francisco skyline at night, the tour includes Fisherman's Wharf, the Financial District, Chinatown, North Beach, Embarcadero, and Treasure Island. Depending on the time of year, the climate, and San Francisco's infamous traffic, some highlights may change.
Get Alcatraz Tour tickets from GreatWorkPerks
We have low-priced tickets!
GreatWorkPerks is an authorized seller of discount Alcatraz tour tickets. We are one of the largest sellers of discount Alcatraz Tour tickets in the country, and we couldn’t have thrived for over 30 years if we weren’t highly trusted by our customers. We would love for you to join our family and enjoy the best price for Alcatraz Island Tour as well as other attractions nationwide!
Our discount Alcatraz Tour tickets will allow you to go on the tour at your convenience; you don’t need to make any additional reservations! Once your purchase is done online, you will instantly receive your e-tickets and receipt!
- The tour is often sold out in advance and reservations should be made as early as possible.
- IMPORTANT: The departure time is allocated automatically and will be provided upon reconfirming the tour with the operator a few days before departure. The set time slot cannot be changed. We recommend keeping your day flexible until you receive your confirmed departure time.
- Once you reach Alcatraz Island you can stay as long as you like; ferries return approx. every 30 minutes
- In order to receive your tickets and your exact departure time you must check in online with the operator at the latest 72 hours before departure (further instructions will be on your voucher)
- Please carry a valid photo ID with you
Frequently Asked Questions
Are reservations required?
No, reservations are not required for Alcatraz Island Tours. Hop-On & Hop-Off Bus Tours and the Night Tours do not need reservations either.
Am I required to wear a mask for these tours?
Yes, masks are required.
Do they offer the tours in different languages as well?
Yes, they do. You can listen to the tour in Korean, English, Spanish, and other languages also!
Alcatraz Package Tickets
Must Use GreatWorkPerks Promo Code at check out to receive exclusive discount.